Sunday, July 20, 2008

Well, I broke my ankle!

I can’t believe I could do that. I hurt it Thursday and have been being pampered for several days. I am in a walking cast or as my daughter calls it a “ robot foot”. She is three and thinks it is a funny shoe. I have no idea how I did but it is nice to be taken care of. Today I started getting up and around a bit. I was hungry for crepes but my hubby only knows how to cook frozen burritos I was out of luck. I have wanted crepes for 2 days as it is my comfort craving. I suddenly had inspiration and decided to make a Dutch baby. I could mix it and then rest while it baked. It satisfied my cravings and made me happy.


INGREDIENTS
¾ c flour
3/4 cup milk
1 pinch salt
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla


DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Put the 2 T butter in the pan in the oven to make it melt and preheat the 9 inch pie or cake pan.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, milk, eggs and salt. Stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Or, you can do it in the blender it makes it smooth as silk and no need to wash a mixing spoon.

Swirl the butter to coat the bottom of the hot pan and dump the smooth mix into the pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees cooking for additional 10 - 15 minutes. Serve immediately.

You can dust with powdered sugar or put fresh berries on top. You can even use jam or pie filling. Basically anything you like you can dress this up to pure yummyness.

Sorry I have no picture, I ate it before I even thought about it!

So tomorrow I want something that requires no standing time so I decided to do a crock-pot bean chili. I think this will be a long week. :)

No comments: